Wednesday 17 July 2013

BH Cosmetics 120 Color Palette 1st Edition - review and swatches

I know that EVERYONE has this palette, so this is less of a review and more look what I got!' I also wanted to swatch every colour, as I struggled to find someone who had swatched every single colour before I bought this palette,  but my camera quality isn't great so it would have been pretty pointless.
The palette contains a mix of matte and shimmer colours, with a row of 6 speckled colours. I think the mattes are quite chalky, but they're not hard to work with at all, I just find that I have to load a bit more onto the brush but they're so easy to blend. The browns on the very bottom row are my favourites because I love a smokey eye.
The shimmer colours are SO pigmented, I absolutely love them. They are so bright and colourful and stand right out, I love putting one of them in the inner corner of my eye for a pop of colour. I've worn the greens the most because my eyes are slightly green and I'm always trying my hardest to bring it out, and I think it works well.
I haven't really used the speckled colours yet so can't say much about them, sorry:-) 
I love the packaging; it's very professional looking and is the perfect size. I was expecting it to be very large and bulky, but surprisingly it's very slim and compact. It would fit perfectly in my handbag if I dared take it out of the house!
This is the full palette, the top tray lifts up and sits on top of the bottom one.

A closer look at the first half of the palette, with flash. This is the half i generally use least
Here are some random swatches from the top half of the palette. I swatched the ones that are, in my opinion, the most eye catching, the prettiest and my favourites. This photo is in natural daylight, without flash.
This photo was taken with flash. I wish the camera did the colours justice, they're so much brighter in person, and these swatches are without primer!
The second half of the palette, with flash. I've used this half every single day since I got it, mainly the very top and very bottom row.

Once again my favourites and th most eye catching colours. Without flash
With flash
Sorry for this shabby review, my camera quality isn't that great and I have to post everything from my phone so it takes me a while and I'm quite impatient haha which is why this is only a short review.


I got the palette from www.beautystore4u.co.uk. A very reasonably priced, reliable website.
Thankyou for reading :-) x

No comments:

Post a Comment